PANEL VI - 1947 to 1965
Central Baptist is still on Main Street, Hartford, involved in community ministry and inter-church programs. Central was given property in Barkhamsted for an outdoor center. American Baptists built new headquarters in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the round building in the middle of the panel. In the period of1947-1965 war ends but there are "displaced" persons, a freedom march on Washington for Civil Rights, outer space programs and the race to the moon.
During this period, Central Baptist was led by co-pastors Dr. Kenneth L. Maxwell (1947-1955) and Dr. Clayton F. Smith (1948-1964). Dr. Smith served as Senior Minister after Dr. Maxwell left.